Begin your DevOps certification journey
Learn to streamline continuous delivery and testing with hands-on DevOps training and certification.See all courses
Learn DevOps with Cloud Institute
We know learning new skills as an adult can be intimidating. With over 35 years of experience in IT training, we’ve designed and delivered learning experiences that propel individuals and teams to become project-ready—and enjoy the journey along the way.
With Cloud Institute, you receive:
The most up-to-date curriculum
New courses and products aligned to emerging trends are continuously developed so you can stay ahead of the curve.
Instruction delivered how you need it
Choose from self-paced online learning or live, virtual instructor-led training in public or private settings.
Hands-on virtual challenge labs
Retain and apply new skills on the job with training in real world scenarios in risk-free environments.
Free content to keep learning
Your training is our biggest concern. So we continually curate free training content to support your learning beyond the classroom.
Most Popular DevOps Training
- Software Development on AWS Learning Path
Virtual ClassroomRegular Price $ 4,398.00 Now Only $ 2,928.00
- DevOps Tools Bundle w/ Labs
Self-Paced LearningRegular Price $ 288.00 Now Only $ 98.00
- CI and CD with AWS CodePipeline, Jenkins and AWS CodeDeploy
Self-Paced LearningRegular Price $ 98.00 Now Only $ 48.00
Frequently Asked Questions
A DevOps certification validates that someone has the necessary skills and knowledge to function in a continuous development environment. It’s a must-have certification for any software development or operations professional.
Some of the best DevOps certifications include:
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional (CDPE): This is designed for experienced IT professionals who demonstrate knowledge and skills in software development lifecycle management (SDLC) and continuous integration and delivery practices.
- Docker Certified Associate: This program certifies that someone understands the fundamentals of Docker, one of the most powerful technologies to speed up the web development workflow
- Kubernetes Certification: Kubernetes is one of the fastest growing open source projects. Certification ensures someone can demonstrate the skills, knowledge and competency to perform as a Kubernetes administrator.
- Azure DevOps Engineer Expert: This advanced Microsoft certification validates you can develop instrumentation, site reliability and security strategies, as well as implement continuous integration, delivery and release management.
Considering DevOps is a rapidly growing method of development and there’s a shortage of skilled people who can help organizations develop and manage their DevOps strategy, a certification will open the door for many well-paid job opportunities.
A certification is proof you’re qualified to lead in a DevOps culture. Top employers are actively seeking candidates with DevOps expertise—and according to recent salary reports, they are willing to pay top dollar to recruit and retain the right DevOps talent.
DevOps training courses equip developers with the skills needed to integrate application into complex, multi-tier and cloud environments.
Most DevOps certification training is divided into four categories
- Systems: A technology-agnostic perspective that identifies the basic parts of DevOps.
- Cultural: Putting the organizational culture changes necessary to break down silos.
- Technology: Instruction on important tools for automating the release pipeline.
- Supporting disciplines: Key disciplines required for effective DevOps implementation.
What you will be taught depends on the technology focus and difficulty level of the course.
In general, DevOps training courses will teach you the following:
- What is DevOps
- Process of transition to DevOps
- Which technologies are essential for DevOps
- Problems that are resolved through DevOps
- How to change the development organization and culture
- DevOps tools, technology and automation
How long it takes you to learn an area of DevOps and earn a certification depends on your experience and the type of certification you want to achieve.
Suppose you have some software, programming and scripting abilities but are unfamiliar with Linux. In that case, it may take two or three months of study to become proficient enough in certain Linux skills to learn the types of automation employed in DevOps.
And a DevOps engineer’s training is never-ending. You might investigate several cloud systems, such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services.
Because the DevOps profession encompasses both software development and IT infrastructure, the skills required by a DevOps engineer are broad.
Starting with infrastructure, most DevOps engineers must be familiar with Linux. And because most IT infrastructure is migrating to the cloud, familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud is essential.
Furthermore, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployments (CD) solutions, such as Jenkins and GitLab, are used to deploy apps to a server operating on one of these cloud platforms.
A DevOps engineer should also be familiar with version control tools such as Git, SVN and Mercurial, configuration management tools such as Chef and Puppet and container orchestration tools such as Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.