Manage security anywhere with cloud security training
Confidently build or move to cloud with a cloud security certification. Learn how to manage threats and stay secure at every point.See all training
With a cloud security certification, you can:
- Maximize your earning potential
- Set yourself apart from other candidates
- Enter a hot career path if you’re new to cloud security
- Validate your ask for a pay raise or promotion
Learn Cloud Security with Cloud Institute
We know learning new skills as an adult can be intimidating. With over 35 years of experience in IT training, we’ve designed and delivered learning experiences that propel individuals and teams to become project-ready—and enjoy the journey along the way.
With Cloud Institute, you receive:
The most up-to-date curriculum
New courses and products aligned to emerging trends are continuously developed so you can stay ahead of the curve.
Instruction delivered how you need it
Choose from self-paced online learning or live, virtual instructor-led training in public or private settings.
Hands-on virtual challenge labs
Retain and apply new skills on the job with training in real world scenarios in risk-free environments.
Free content to keep learning
Your training is our biggest concern. So we continually curate free training content to support your learning beyond the classroom.
Frequently Asked Questions
A cloud security certification is a testament to your technical skills and proves you can keep your clients safe from cyber threats. To earn a certification, you must demonstrate a high degree of skill and knowledge of the cloud security field and relevant technologies by passing a rigorous exam.
Some of the best security certifications include:
- AWS Certified Security Specialization: This is an IT industry standard for information security professionals certified by Amazon Web Services which validates you have the skills to understand security best practices and procedures, manage risks and assess the security for a range of services.
- Microsoft Certified Azure Security Engineer Associate: This certification from Microsoft Azure certifies you are qualified to perform and troubleshoot Azure Cloud infrastructure security issues.
- Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer: Offering one of the highest earning potentials of the cloud security certifications, this is a highly regarded certification from Google that validates your ability to design, build and operate secure infrastructures on the Google Cloud Platform.
The skills you learn are dependent on the cloud platform and type of training and certification you seek. For some fundamentals courses, no experience with cloud security is required, whereas some advanced courses required over 5 years of job experience.
No matter the level, topics covered in most cloud security training include:
- Overview of risks and threats unique to cloud computing
- Designing cloud security programs that comply with globally recognized standards
- Best practices for identity and access management (IAM), cloud incident response, application security, data encryption and Security-as-a-Service.
Overall, anyone who is serious about building a career as a cloud security professional should consider earning a certification aligned to your career level and discipline of interest.
Whether starting your career or aiming for the next level, it takes advanced skills to secure critical assets in the cloud—and hiring managers look for valid certifications on resumes to create a list of candidates to interview.
The goal of cloud security certification is to learn the fundamentals of how to keep your data secure and identify and mitigate risks.
Depending on the certification and your skill level, you’ll learn:
- Technical skills to design, manage and secure data, applications and infrastructure in the cloud
- Knowledge of data encryption methods
- Ability to make decisions regarding cost, security and deployment complexity
- An in-depth understanding of cloud architecture, infrastructure security, application security, Identity and Access Management (IAM) and other cloud security operations
- How to implement appropriate security controls given the requirements
- Ability to design, build and operationalize data solutions
- Securely store and access data in the cloud