Get on the fast path to AWS certification
Whether a beginner or pro, we have expert training to get you or your team certified on the world’s leading cloud platform.See all AWS training
Benefits of AWS Certification
With 32% market share, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the most popular cloud platform for business. And for good reason—AWS has more availability regions, lower prices and more services than any other cloud provider.
Even though IT orgs are quickly adopting AWS and other cloud platforms, insufficient cloud skills are delaying half of enterprise IT organizations’ migration to the cloud by two years or more.
That’s why being AWS Certified makes you valuable to companies that prioritize building and migrating their workloads to the cloud—and they’re willing to pay top dollar for your skills and expertise.
Learn AWS With Cloud Institute
We know learning new skills as an adult can be intimidating. With over 35 years of experience in IT training, we’ve designed and delivered learning experiences that propel individuals and teams to become project-ready—and enjoy the journey along the way.
With Cloud Institute, you receive:
The most up-to-date curriculum
Training aligned to emerging trends is continuously developed so you can stay ahead of the curve.
Instruction delivered how you need it
Choose from self-paced online learning or live, virtual instructor-led training in public or private settings.
Hands-on virtual challenge labs
Retain and apply new skills on the job with training in real world scenarios in risk-free environments.
Free content to keep learning
Your training is our priority. So we offer free training content to support your learning beyond the classroom.
Most Popular AWS Training
- Software Development on AWS Learning Path
Virtual ClassroomRegular Price $ 4,398.00 Now Only $ 2,928.00
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Bundle w/ Labs & Coaching
Self-Paced LearningRegular Price $ 98.00 Now Only $ 48.00
- AWS Solution Architect Associate Certification & Hands-on Labs
Self-Paced LearningRegular Price $ 248.00 Now Only $ 48.00
Frequently Asked Questions
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) certification is a globally recognized credential that validates your technical skills in cloud computing. Becoming AWS Certified allows you to demonstrate your knowledge of the AWS platform and helps establish credibility.
There are three certification levels:
How much AWS training will cost you depends on the path you choose.
You can lean on mentors, online communities and free training materials provided by AWS and on the internet to train yourself—which costs nothing. You’ll only pay for the exam which costs up to $300.
To increase the chance of passing an exam the first time, many people turn to formal programs that specialize in AWS certification training.
Some programs offer training for a one-time cost ranging from $299 to several thousand dollars.
Other programs are subscription-based and cost anywhere from $19 to $99 per month, or $249 to over $1,500 per year. Subscriptions typically include access to training for additional certifications and may offer perks like hands-on labs, coaching and exam vouchers.
The short answer is yes, it’s worth it!
With the ever growing trend of cloud computing, the need for specialists who can work with it is also increasing. This is why AWS certification is in high demand among IT companies.
An AWS certification is a great way for cloud pros to advance their career and increase salary. In fact, one survey found 70% of AWS professionals increased their salary up to 20% after passing their certification.
Earning an AWS certification is a straightforward process:
- Prepare for the exam. You can learn on your own or enroll in an AWS certification training program. Whichever path you choose, hands-on experience is key to learning new technologies, so you’ll need to practice relevant scenarios in real-world environments and take practice exams.
- Sign up for the exam. AWS certification exams are delivered by Pearson VUE and PSI. You can search for upcoming dates and sign up here.
- Take the exam. Tests consist of multiple choice questions and are timed and proctored, ranging from 90-minutes for the Cloud Practitioner exam to 180-minutes for the Solutions Architect - Professional exam. If you fail the exam, you’ll need to wait 14 days to retake it and must pay the full exam fee again.
- Recertify after 3 years. To maintain your AWS Certified status, you’ll need to demonstrate your continued expertise through recertification every 3 years.
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner is the first step towards earning AWS certifications. It’s intended for people looking to gain an understanding of how AWS can benefit their organization.
The exam tests your ability to:
- Explain the purpose and basic components of AWS;
- Use AWS tools and features to launch and manage EC2 instances, including security best practices;
- Use AWS data storage options such as Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, and Amazon DynamoDB; and
- Implement high availability using Amazon ELB, Amazon RDS, Elastic Load Balancing.
We won’t sugar-coat it—AWS certification exams can be very tough depending on your current knowledge and experience working with the platform.
One thing that makes the AWS certification exam more difficult than some other exams is how many different areas of the AWS platform are tested. It isn’t that one AWS service is covered more than others; it’s that several services overlap with one another in terms of functions and features.
But don’t be deterred! With a quality training program and hands-on practice, you can learn what’s needed to confidently pass the exam.